The coronavirus outbreak has left many of us aprehensive, so we think it is more important now than ever to show a little kindness. We'd like to share with you a few of the things we have been doing amidst the outbreak to help where we can and hopefully spread a little joy as well.
Fleur's Son has been drawing rainbows to put in the windows of their home, many children across the country are putting these beautiful rainbows up to "spread hope" and cheer up passers-by on their daily walks.
Our production manager Lucy-Ann & CEO Fleur have both been hard at work using their expertise and spare materials to make headbands and scrub hats for nurses and doctors on the front line at local hospitals in Bristol and South Wales. The headbands enable them to hook the elastic from the masks around the buttons rather than their ears to stop them from rubbing during long shifts.
Scrub hats are in high demand all around the country, if you would like to help and are local to Bristol please see the information below. Whether you have fabric to donate, would like the pattern so that you can make some yourself or know someone who can, any help would amazing. Please get in touch with Jenny Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any 100% cotton pre-washed fabric is fine. (Anything else is too sweaty underneath other PP clothing that staff wear.) Any colour/pattern. Old sheets/duvet covers cut up are fine.
- Each hat uses about 0.25m of fabric.
- The pattern has been checked by the Consultant as appropriate for clinical use.
- Buttons aren't necessary, ties are fine. The flat version is preferred.
- Please email us info@fleurofengland for more information on the drop-off point, please don't deliver to hospital yourself.
Nominate a key worker competition
As a thank you to all of the key workers we're giving away a set of our luxury black signature pyjamas, the perfect thing to slip into after a long day. To nominate your hero head to our instagram post via the link below.
Enter here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Cc1R4FDD5/